PBM-4 ball mills are designed for mixing, homogenizing, fine grinding, mechanical alloying, cell disruption, small sample preparing, new product development and small volume high-tech material production. The systems features high efficiency, low noise and quick clamp. When using vacuum jars, samples can be processed in a vacuum or inert gas environment. The system can be used to smash and blend various products of different materials and granularity with dry or wet methods. The PBM-4L is widely applied in the fields of Geology, Mining, Metallurgy, Electronics, Construction Material, Ceramics, Chemical Engineering, Medicine, Environmental Protection etc.
This product is assembled in Canada according to US and Canada standard. Free shipping from Canada. Custom clearance and duties are included in the price when applicable.
If you find a lower price from an online retailer on an identical and in-stock product, please let us know and we'll match it.
Please contact us at 1-888-229-1281 or email email@example.com for more details.
- Capable of grinding materials in vacuum or inert gas environment with SS jars or SS grinding jacket
- Self-lubricating gears enable a vibration free, low noise, and lubrication free system
- Ideal for wet or dry grinding application
- Automatic and programmable control with LED display
- Multiple grinding modes built in
- High uniformity and excellent repeatability
- High rotational speed, high efficiency and fine granularity
- Four samples with different sizes and materials in one experiment
- Programmable interval and pause times
- Continuous speed regulation, for both clockwise and counter clockwise rotation
- Leak-proof jars for wet grinding
- Large range of materials available for grinding media
- Gear-drive offers an effective solutions to problems caused by belt driving, such as belt creep and belt abrasion
- Cooling of the grinding chamber with a built-in fan for long grinding times
- Safety switch ensures automatic shut down if cover is opened during operation
Grinding Jars and Grinding Balls
The compatible non-vacuum jars available at 50ml, 100ml, 250ml, 500 ml, and 1L. The compatible vacuum jars are available at 50ml, 100ml, 250ml, and 500 ml. Please choose and order separately.
- Geology and Mineralogy: rock, gravel, sand, and minerals
- Ceramics: porcelain, sintered ceramics, clay, and fireclay
- Chemistry: pesticides, fertilizers, salts, inorganic and organic materials
- Biology: plants, leaves, freeze-dried samples
- Pharmaceuticals: ophthalmological agents, gels, creams, extracts, drugs, pastes, dragee, tablets
- Metallurgy: ores, sintering
- Material technology: pigments, precious materials, new materials, alloys, mechanical alloying and activating
- Analysis preparation: Spectroscopy, X-ray fluorescence, X-ray structure analysis, chromatography
The GPBM-4L planetary ball mills have four grinding stations rotating around a sunwheel. When the sunwheel rotates, the station axis makes planetary rotation in opposite directions and the balls in the jars are subject to superimposed rotational movements. The speed difference between the grind balls and the grinding jars produces high-energy impacts, which are used to comminute the material samples. Minimum granularity of the final product can be as small as 0.1 micron.
Included in Package
Included in the package are a 4x1L planetary ball mill, 4 jar clamping devices, a stainless steel sieve, rubber jar cushion, a spare motor belt, a hex L-key, a ball mill height adjuster, a spare cap screw, a spare fuse, a standard power cord, and an operation manual. The grinding jars and balls are not included in the package. For ordering the grinding jars and balls combo, please click here.
- Two-year standard warranty with life-time support, ask seller for details
- Damage due to improper storage condition or maintenance is not covered by warranty
- Extended warranty available upon request
- The item will be shipped in 3 business days
- Free shipping for US and Canada, duty, and custom clearance included in the price when applicable
- Accept custom OEM if there are any special requirements for your application
Partial List of Users
Alteo SAS, America Nano, Arizona State University, CycloPure Inc., University of California (Los Angels ), Collins Aerospace, Dragonfly Energy, Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, Inovati Technology Inc., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Mycodevgroup (Canada), Northwestern University, Skalar Instruments (Netherlands), Nanjing University (China, 220V/50Hz), Innovative Technology Inc., Helix2 (Greek), Tuscan Tech (Italy), Morgan State University, University of Manitoba, FP Innovations, National Research Council of Canada (Boucherville), Terra CO2 Technology, University of British Columbia, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Western University of Ontario (4 units), University of Massachusetts Amherst, University of California (San Diego), University of South Dakota, Valerus Co.(Bulgaria), Profusa Inc., University of California (Los Angeles), Université du Québec à Chicoutimi (UQAC), West Virginia University, North Western University, University of South Dakota, University of Toledo, University of Tulsa, and University of New Brunswick. References available upon request. References available upon request.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Select the Right Grinding Jars and Balls?
Selection of the materials of the grinding jars and balls mainly depends on the sample materials. Rule of thumb, the material of jars and/or balls must be harder than the sample material. Otherwise, it is actually the jars and balls which will be ground by the samples in the grinding process. As a result, the material of the jars and balls will become contamination in your sample materials.
In order to make the grinding process more efficient and obtain samples with less contamination, there are many other factors to be considered, such as density of the materials of the grinding jars and balls, energy input, rotation speed, brittleness of the sample material, and temperature in the jar during grinding et al. Please refer to the following table may help you in understanding the process in more detail. For any other questions or concerns in your specific grinding process, Please contact us to discuss in more details. Please click here for a wide variety of grinding jars and balls available in stock.