General Introduction - ON PROMOTION (For 110V machine only)
PBM-2L (4X500mL) planetary ball mill is a compact and easy-to-use laboratory planetary ball mill for mixing, homogenizing, fine grinding, mechanical alloying, cell disruption, small sample preparing, new product development and small volume high-tech material production. The systems features small volume, high efficiency, low noise and quick clamp. When using vacuum jars, samples can be processed in a vacuum or inert gas environment. The system can be used to smash and blend various products of different materials and granularity with dry or wet methods. The PBM-2L is widely applied in the fields of Geology, Mining, Metallurgy, Electronics, Construction Material, Ceramics, Chemical Engineering, Medicine, Environmental Protection etc. Free samples testing services may be provided upon request.
- Capable of grinding materials in vacuum or inert gas environment with SS jars or SS grinding jacket
- Self-lubricating gears enable a vibration free, low noise, and lubrication free system
- Ideal for wet or dry grinding application
- Automatic and programmable control with LED display
- Multiple grinding modes built in
- High uniformity and excellent repeatability
- High rotational speed, high efficiency and fine granularity
- Four samples with different sizes and materials in one experiment
- Programmable interval and pause times
- Stepless speed regulation, for both clockwise and counter clockwise rotation
- Leak-proof jars for wet grinding
- Large range of materials available for grinding media
- Gear-drive offers an effective solutions to problems caused by belt driving, such as belt creep and belt abrasion
- Cooling of the grinding chamber with a built-in fan for long grinding times
- Safety switch ensures automatic shut down if cover is opened during operation
Grinding Jars and Grinding Balls
The compatible non-vacuum jars available at 50ml, 100ml, 250ml, and 500 ml. The compatible vacuum jars are available at 50ml, 100ml, and 250ml. Please choose and order separately.
- Geology and Mineralogy: rock, gravel, sand, and minerals
- Ceramics: porcelain, sintered ceramics, clay, and fireclay
- Chemistry: pesticides, fertilizers, salts, inorganic and organic materials
- Biology: plants, leaves, freeze-dried samples
- Pharmaceuticals: ophthalmological agents, gels, creams, extracts, drugs, pastes, dragee, tablets
- Metallurgy: ores, sintering
- Material technology: pigments, precious materials, new materials, alloys, mechanical alloying and activating
- Analysis preparation: Spectroscopy, X-ray fluorescence, X-ray structure analysis, chromatography
The PBM-2 planetary ball mills have four grinding stations rotating around a sunwheel. When the sunwheel rotates, the station axis makes planetary rotation in opposite directions and the balls in the jars are subject to superimposed rotational movements. The speed difference between the grind balls and the grinding jars produces high-energy impacts, which are used to comminute the material samples. Minimum granularity of the final product can be as small as 0.1 micron.
Included in Package
Included in the package are a 4x500ml planetary ball mill, 4 jar clamping devices, a stainless steel sieve, rubber jar cushion, a spare motor belt, a hex L-key, a ball mill height adjuster, a spare cap screw, a spare fuse, a standard power cord, and an operation manual. The grinding jars and balls are not included in the package. For ordering the grinding jars and balls combo, please click here.
- Two-year standard warranty with life-time support, ask seller for details
- Damage due to improper storage condition or maintenance is not covered by warranty
- Extended warranty available upon request
- The item is currently on promotion for 110V machine only. The price is subject to change without further notice.
- Accept custom OEM if there are any special requirements for your application
Partial List of Users
MIT, University of California (Los Angels ), University of California (San Diego), University of North Western, University of Toledo, University of Tulsa, University of South Dakota, Valerus Co.(Bulgaria), Profusa Inc., Mycodevgroup (Canada), MedAlliance LLC (California). References available upon request.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Select the Right Grinding Jars and Balls?
Selection of the materials of the grinding jars and balls mainly depends on the sample materials. Rule of thumb, the material of jars and/or balls must be harder than the sample material. Otherwise, it is actually the jars and balls which will be ground by the samples in the grinding process. As a result, the material of the jars and balls will become contamination in your sample materials.
In order to make the grinding process more efficient and obtain samples with less contamination, there are many other factors to be considered, such as density of the materials of the grinding jars and balls, energy input, rotation speed, brittleness of the sample material, and temperature in the jar during grinding et al. Please refer to the following table may help you in understanding the process in more detail. For any other questions or concerns in your specific grinding process, Please contact us to discuss in more details. Please click here for a wide variety of grinding jars and balls available in stock.
Share this Product
More from this collection
Planetary Ball Mill 4x100ml | Lubrication Free, Inert gas & Vacuum Milling Capable, shipping included --- On Promotion !!!