Microfluidic Single Phase Droplet Generation System DG-2000 - GMP Compliant
This price is only available upon request. Contact us for a quote or fill the request form at the bottom of this page.
DG 2000 droplet generation system is designed to produce microdroplets, which have well defined shape, predetermined compositions. Their small size, low mass and potentially high-throughput formation are the enabling features for the bio-encapsulation and pharmaceutical industry applications. Conventional droplet generation systems suffer from tedious cleaning/sterilization process and longer change over time. In those systems, the concern of contamination is extremely unacceptable when the produced droplets/beads are for biomedical usage.
The microfluidic droplet generation system (DG-2000) leverages the advantages of microfluidics to make a droplet generation device as a disposable chip. The low cost, disposable and contamination-free chips form the core of the system, and are made from plastic through an injection molding process. The system is able to generate highly uniform sized polymer droplets/microbeads for bio-encapsulation. The system was built following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and European Pharmacopeia Standards (EUP).
The DG-2000 has two most important features comparing similar droplet systems on the market. First, it is a single phase droplet generation system in air, without involving a second phase such as oil, especially suitable for applications where oil and surfactants are restricted. Second, the droplet generation is at high throughput and can be easily scaled up by integrating multi-chips. A three-chip system has been developed for industrial users.
- Single phase droplet generation system in air, without involving a second phase such as oil, especially suitable for applications where oil and surfactants are restricted;
- System can be put and operated in Biosafety Cabinets;
- Process can be easily scaled up by integrating multi-chips. A three-chip system has been developed for industrial users.
- Droplet charging process utilized to prevent droplet coalescence;
- Stroboscopic lighting integrated to observe the stability of the droplet jet during operation;
- Fully computer controlled program;
- Integrated camera for real-time droplet observation;
- Highly uniform microbeads can be produced for bio-encapsulation;
- Low cost, disposable and contamination-free polymer chips integrated on-chip for droplet generation;
- High pressure pump (200 lbs) integrated for high viscous polymer solutions;
- Process parameters printing at real time with optional printer.
- Two years standard warranty with life-time support
- Damage due to improper storage condition or maintenance is not covered by warranty
- Extended warranty available upon request